[rt-devel] RT 4.2.10rc1 released

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Tue Feb 10 17:00:33 EST 2015

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 15:51:10 +0000 Guadagnino Cristiano
<guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it> wrote:
> I am testing RT 4.2.10rc1 on my CentOS 6.6 (64 bit).
> I have enabled HTML::FormatExternal and I have elinks installed and working.
>
> Whenever I start apache, I get the following errors in apache's error_log:

Do you use mod_perl or fastcgi for your deployment?

> ERROR at home.c:156: Unable to find or create ELinks config
> directory. Please check if you have $HOME variable set correctly and
> if you have write permission to your home directory. I have my $HOME
> variable set as "/root", so I changed permissions so that the "apache"
> group can read/write in the /root/.elinks directory.

RT sets the $HOME variable to $RT::VarPath (usually /opt/rt4/var),
which should be writable by your webserver:

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm#L1860

 - Alex