[rt-devel] alternative to edit comments

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Jul 7 16:22:01 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 8:01 AM, ARBEZ Christophe <christophe.arbez at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know it is not possible to edit some message in RT. So, I would like how
> you do for a comment if you make a mistake in the content or the time
> worked ?

You can update the ticket time after creating your txn. Perhaps that will
help?

> For example, in a project or intern tickets in your company.
> Is there an alternative to edit transactions like comments?

You could create an "Edit Content" link and add it to the txn links and
from there create a custom form. You'll need something like:

# {{{
# paper-trail auditor backdoor :)
# Needed to change the txn's time taken via EditBilling.html
package RT::Transaction;

use strict;
no warnings qw(redefine);

sub _Set {
    my $self = shift;
    $self->SUPER::_Set(@_);
}
# }}}

added to a loaded modules source. We do this for our billing stuff. We have
a module named RT-Site-UMN-Duluth-EFS which the above code snippet lives in
and a form named EditBilling.html which does the front-end work.

Cheers,

-m