[rt-devel] RT 4.4.0rc1 released

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Wed Nov 4 16:37:19 EST 2015

This is awesome guys, thanks!!!!!

I ran the upgrade today from 4.2.11 to 4.4.0rc1
The upgrade itself was pleasantly uneventful, save for some confusion on my part as to whether or not to remove the obsoleted plugins from RT_SiteConfig.pm before or after running upgrade.
  e.g.
    Leave them in: get the warnings.
    Leave them out: does it skip anything if it thinks I was not using them?

I am struggling a bit with shifting ExternalAuth (LDAP --> Active Dir) to a core function though.
I'll keep playing with it, but if anyone has a moment (yeah, right, like anyone has such a thing as Free Time!) I'd love some thoughts on it.

For example, I removed the old plugins, because I see they are installed under lib/RT now.
    local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth
    local/plugins/RT-Extension-LDAPImport
I assume this was correct, though I don't recall seeing it in the upgrade doc?

I noticed in /opt/rt4/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm that it still refers to the Set($ExternalInfoPriority config, but the RT logs tell me different:
     ExternalInfoPriority not defined. User information (including user enabled/disabled) cannot be externally-sourced
(I see this whether I have it defined or not)

I kept all my old config settings for LDAP/ExternalAuth in RT_SiteConfig.pm
I did remove the plugins line for them, and added the   Set($ExternalAuth, 1);
I just wasn't sure if that was the right way to do it?

In short, I'm looking for anything else that people have had to tweak for ExternalAuth (esp. LDAP) to make it work post-upgrade?

Thanks!
Brent