[rt-devel] RT 4.4.0rc1 released

Shawn Moore shawn at bestpractical.com
Fri Nov 20 13:55:43 EST 2015

Hi Brent,

On 2015年11月4日 at 16:46:56, Parish, Brent (bparish at cognex.com) wrote:
> This is awesome guys, thanks!!!!!

You’re very welcome!!!!! :D

> I ran the upgrade today from 4.2.11 to 4.4.0rc1
> The upgrade itself was pleasantly uneventful,

Thank you for testing it out!

> save for some confusion on my part as to
> whether or not to remove the obsoleted plugins from RT_SiteConfig.pm before or after
> running upgrade.
> e.g.
> Leave them in: get the warnings.
> Leave them out: does it skip anything if it thinks I was not using them?

Better to remove them before running upgrade but it should be alright either way. :)

> For example, I removed the old plugins, because I see they are installed under lib/RT
> now.
> local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth
> local/plugins/RT-Extension-LDAPImport
> I assume this was correct, though I don't recall seeing it in the upgrade doc?

I added “remove local/plugins/RT-Whatever/" steps to each of the cored plugins in our upgrade doc. I also bumped them up to the top of the UPGRADING-4.4 document because they do require more action than the other items. And made the documentation for each a little more consistent. Thanks for your feedback on this. :)

By the way, removing the extensions from Plugins is enough to deactivate them, but yes, better to get rid of them entirely just to be sure!

> I kept all my old config settings for LDAP/ExternalAuth in RT_SiteConfig.pm
> I did remove the plugins line for them, and added the Set($ExternalAuth, 1);
> I just wasn't sure if that was the right way to do it?

This is indeed exactly what our goal was.

> In short, I'm looking for anything else that people have had to tweak for ExternalAuth
> (esp. LDAP) to make it work post-upgrade?

> Thanks!
> Brent

Thank you! :)
Shawn