[rt-devel] Does ExternalStorage actually move images to disk?

Alexander B. Zubkov info at zubkov.info
Wed Nov 25 05:04:27 EST 2015

On 25/11/15 10:37, Christian Loos wrote:
> A better solution to force an extraction run on all attachments is to
> run this inside your Database: delete from Attributes where Name =
> 'ExternalStorage'; This actually removes the "high water mark". @shawn
> May the script should become an "force-re-run" option which removes
> the Attribute? Chris
Thanks, this helped. I patched the plugin to extract images always and
text never and got exactly what I wanted, great!

BTW maybe nobody ever had a 10Mb text, but if text/html attachment is
extracted somehow, RT is unable to open it, error was: "unknown encoding
external". If some implementation is missing, maybe you should not
extract text?

A forced rerun only make sense if image size is configurable, otherwise
the plugin always works correct with hardcoded settings.