[rt-devel] RT::Extension::ExternalStorage

Alex Vandiver alex at chmrr.net
Sun Sep 6 15:20:14 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 10:27:04AM +0200, Emmanuel Manganneau wrote:
> This, plus the 2nd question, leaded me to create a new object
> (called Document) which represents files. The files are linked to
> other classical objects in RT via Link objects (type "AttachedTo" or
> "AttachedBy").

This sounds like a purely backend changes, yes?  But it's not clear to
me what problem you are attempting to solve by doing this.  While
unifying the OCFV and Attachment data storage is a perhaps-useful
goal, I don't see much actual gain from it -- it will increase the
size of the Links table by orders of magnitude.  I also don't
understand how this would avoid having to load the file data into
memory when saving or loading (your point 2).

 - Alex