[rt-devel] Attempting to make Subject: tag matching a little more permissive, diff enclosed

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Thu Sep 29 08:17:35 EDT 2016

On 9/28/16 4:36 PM, Alexis Rosen wrote:
> Can you point me to a doc describing "override libraries"? This is my first look at RT source and I'm not familiar with how it's organized. Google is less than helpful here, so far.

It's mentioned here briefly:

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.2.13/RT/StyleGuide.html#The-Overlay-mechanism

To be more specific, you can create a file
local/lib/RT/Interface/Email_Local.pm and create your own version of
ParseTicketId. RT will then use your version of that subroutine rather
than the main one.

> I take it from this that you're not interested in merging the patch?

I think this sort of change would be great in an extension. For example,
here's another extension that provides a small bit of alternate
functionality in handling subjects:

https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Extension::TrailingSubjectTag