[rt-docs] Hi to all

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 24 13:08:30 EST 2008

Roger, Jesse, others,

	I'm Kenn Crocker. I work at the Lawrence Berkeley National Library. My
background is similar to yours, Roger. Started about 40 yrs ago wiring
IBM collators, moved to programming, at 1 time a VTAM programmer. I've
coded systems in over 25 languages. I was senior consultant for an
international Consultant company, been a DBA for 12 years as well. Now I
relax and administrate Technical Services team here at the lab.
	Since my background is mostly mainframe, I lean toward structured
design and documentation. The documents I have attached are specific to
audience and purpose. They are as follows:

	1) RT Queue Admin Guide; this document is geared towards having the
AdminCc watcher(s) act as the managers of a queue. They do not Create
anything that is Global, that's the System Admin function. These Queue
Admins oversee their queue by assigning/deleteing/resolving  tickets,
running project reports of PArent/Child etc. relationships and other
administrivia. They may create Queue specific scrips/templates. They may
NOT create Custom Fields as we don't want a bunch of CF's that redundant
in either name or function. They set up rights for their users.
	2) RT User's Guide; this document is geared toward the person(s) that
HAVE/SEND/CREATE requests.
	3) RT Review/Approvals & QA WorkFlow Design document; this document
presents the functional design of these types of workflow as specified
by O"UR Standards of Change Management. They may not apply very well
toward any other company, but they may serve as ideas and models to move
forward from.

	There you have it. Jesse, feel free to move these documents where you
see fit with whatever comments you feel appropriate.
	By the way, I'm due to retire in a couple years and am thinking of
doing some side work. If anyone likes my work, I'm open to references
for some consulting work. Thank you.

Kenn