[rt-users] Problem configuring the mail gateway

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Wed Apr 5 10:02:24 EDT 2000

> only for short because if I put he stickybit on suid-wrapper the cgi scripts
> (webrt.cgi and admin-webrt.cgi) also get the sticky bit and this is something
> that my apache (1.3.12) doesn't like. To be more exact the suEXEC wrapper which
> it uses to start the scripts doesn't execute scripts that have the sticky bit
> set.

That's weird.  I've never had problems with this, at least.  I think it
might be something in your apache configuration.

> Anyone any ideas ??? (I don't want to run apache as rt:rt, if I dont have to)

Check the apache documentation.  I think that when you start it as root,
it is possible to let it start cgis with a different user ID, but I don't
have much insight into the configuration.

--
#Life ends with a crash
require 'Coy.pm';