[rt-users] Coockie problems with proxies

Charlie Brady charlieb at aurema.com
Thu Apr 6 19:30:00 EDT 2000

On 6 Apr 2000, Karsten Thygesen wrote:

> Tobias> The easy answer is to hack into a file like
> Tobias> lib/rt/ui/web/auth.pm or whatever it was and remove the IP
> Tobias> from the cookie.
>
> OK - thanks!

Or put less of the IP in the cookie - mask it with a network mask. This
was a recommended solution I saw somewhere - I can't remember if it is in
the doco for CGI.pm, or in Apache documentaion, or in a Lincoln Stein book
I have...

Charlie Brady
Aurema Pty Ltd
 PO Box 305, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012, Australia
Email:charlieb at aurema.com, Tel: +61 2 9698 2322, Fax: +61 2 9699 9174
  "I think it would be a good idea." Gandhi, on Western Civilisation.