[rt-users] "Final priority" and full-text transaction search

Rich Graves rcgraves at brandeis.edu
Thu Apr 20 16:08:20 EDT 2000

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Jesse wrote:

> no. there is no way to do a search from within RT. This is fixed in
> 2.0. The technical reason we store transaction content in textfiles
> dates back to the earliest days of RT ... when it used mini-sql..which
> had no blob support. RT 2 is designed against modern databases which
> allow such things :)

You still can't index BLOBs in most databases, so if you have a lot of
tickets it will be slow and inefficient. I'll probably stick with the
htdig wrapper hack for a while.

Oracle 8i Intermedia is getting there... I noticed a month or two ago that
www.oracle.com had finally switched from an AltaVista search engine to
their own product. It won't work reliably on Linux though.
--
Rich Graves <rcgraves at brandeis.edu>
UNet Systems Administrator