[rt-users] RT Mail command interface

Eric Goodman ericg at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue Apr 25 19:53:43 EDT 2000

Hi all,

Well, I've been testing RT and playing around with the mail
interface. I had two questions:

1) The question I was able to figure out was a bug in
rt/lib/ui/mail/manipulate.pm in the "SET due" handler. The function
call

   ($trans, $message)=
       &rt::change_due_date($serial_no, $date_due, $current_user);

is wrong. The second argument should be "$due_date", not "$date_due".
Simple enough error, but I won't divulge how long I spent looking for
it! I hope this saves someone else some time.

2) The mail interface related question I haven't really delved into:

When using the mail interface, a bunch of bogus and empty "comments"
get generated. Has anybody hacked together something to suppress
comments from being generated for messages that have %RT commands
embedded in them?

Thanks for any pointers.

--- Eric