[rt-users] RT Mail command interface

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Wed Apr 26 02:45:40 EDT 2000

> 1) The question I was able to figure out was a bug in
> rt/lib/ui/mail/manipulate.pm in the "SET due" handler. The function
> call
>
>    ($trans, $message)=
>        &rt::change_due_date($serial_no, $date_due, $current_user);
>
> is wrong. The second argument should be "$due_date", not "$date_due".

It's some sort of a problem that there are rather few that uses the
mailgate in an advanced way, as well as the duedate aren't used by that
many either, so errors like this goes undetected for a long time.  I fear
the same will be an issue with 2.0.

> When using the mail interface, a bunch of bogus and empty "comments"
> get generated. Has anybody hacked together something to suppress
> comments from being generated for messages that have %RT commands
> embedded in them?

I think there is a line in the README.  Basically, you need to set up a
separate mailing alias for actions.

--
Tobias Brox
aka TobiX