[rt-users] questions before i install

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Tue Aug 8 06:03:06 EDT 2000

> 3. there is little information on the sourceforge site about twort.
> judging from the cvs dates, there have been checkins there, but there is
> no information i can find indicating how it compares to the fsck cvs
> archive. Also, neither twort nor fsck seems to have a cvs snapshot
> available;  i don't feel like playing "do i feel lucky" and downloading
> whatever the latest cvs happens to be, even if i did want to try 1.3.x
> instead of 1.0.3.

More info about "twort" will come shortly, including a running
demonstration instance.  It's official name is now "Support Tracker"
(suptra).

I have as a policy that I never check in things before testing locally
that things doesn't break, and that bugfixes are committed immediately.  I
would appreciate it greatly if anybody actually tested the stuff in the
cvs and reported bugs.

I do use SupTra in the production here ... an old, stable version for
receiving mail, and the version I'm actively hacking on for the Web UI.
That way errors in the Web UI are dealt with quite quickly.

> Then there are optional email aliases for actions, which i guess have
> to be per-queue,

Not really; RT doesn't need to know what queue a request belongs to
as long as you give away the id of the request (serial_num in RT1).  It's
only important to specify the queue when a request is created, this will
normally only happen through the "correspond" action.  The documentation
is a bit poor at this point.

> 5. i also couldn't find a clear explanation of "correspond" vs. "comment".

Correspond is communication with the requestor, comment is communication
that is kept secret to the requestor.

> 6. is there any revised ETA for a 2.0 alpha?

My plans is to have all the essential features in place by August the
14th, and invite people for testing it and rank what features they want to
see, and eventually commit those.

One week later I'll introduce a code freeze.  SupTra 2.0 will be released
as soon as the frequency of bug reports drops to a minimum.

--
Tobix - +47 22 925 871