[rt-users] RT & Sendmail question

Richard West Richard.West at divatv.com
Wed Aug 23 09:39:04 EDT 2000

I'm installing RT at a new location (again.. :), and I am using Sendmail
8.11.0 + RT1.0.4 under Solaris 2.7

Everything appears to work properly.. sort of.

If I send mail to the rt alias, it gets dropped into root's dead.letter
file and never gets to the rt program.  What is logged is: NOTICE:
suid_wrapper, uid 8: setuid execution not allowed, dev=bf0000077c

If I pipe a mail message directly to rt-mailgate (as root), it gets
inserted into the queue without any problems.

The problem, at that point, appears to be sendmail, but, to be honest, I
am not sure why it is being stopped...  Also, I have no idea why it is
attempting to use UID 8...  I've done something like 5 RT installations
(2 in one company for two departments) over the past 4 1/2yrs, and I
haven't hit this particular problem before....

As an interesting side-note, the CLI doesn't give any output (rtq) other
than the column header info, but the web interface seems to work fine.
For me, this is a non-issue as we will not be using the CLI...

Any help would be much appreciated..

-RIch

Richard West                            mailto:richard.west at divatv.com
Sr. Systems Administrator