[rt-users] NIS authentication, view list and messages

Wojtek Swiatek Wojciech_Swiatek-AWS006 at email.mot.com
Mon Aug 28 09:54:36 EDT 2000

Hi,

I am struggling with the installation of RT (12 hours... :)) and it
almost works (ver. 1.0.4).

Apart from some problems I will solve myself when my brain restarts I
have some I will not be able to get through.

Problem 1: NIS authentication.
I saw in the 'contrib' dir ns_authentication but the patch there did not
went through properely (I am trying to apply it to
.../rt/lib/rt/ui/web/manipulate.pm). It fails at the 1st and 3rd hunk
and successes at the 2nd.

Has anyone had this problem?

Problem 2: What users see in the queue
Is it possible to have users see only THEIR requests and not the whole
queue? I managed to have them see either the whole queue or nothing.

Problem 3: Updating queue managers
I am probably still lost in the nomenclature of the names but I would
like tobe able to have RT send an email to the people involved in
solving problems when a new problem appears in any queue?

To put it clear: I have users A, B, C and D and I would like A and B to
get an email stating that there is something new in the queue (and only
to them).

Thanks in advance for any help!
Thank you also for copying me on a potential answer - I did not get any
confirmation after subscribing to the list. Thank you

Wojtek