[rt-users] Enhanced email gateway

Rainer Dorsch rainer at rai16.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Dec 4 06:08:56 EST 2000

Hello,

I am wondering if I cannot implement myself a very limited mailgateway to
control RT as mentioned in the previous mail (see below). Essentially that
would mean to do something like this:

#!.bin.bash

# Usage: rt-mg queue prioritaet owner
# Enables mail queues with rt activities

id=`cat - | /usr/lib/rt/bin/rt-mailgate --extended-syntax --ticketid --queue
$1 --action correspond`
/usr/lib/rt/bin/rt -prio $id $2
/usr/lib/rt/bin/rt -give $id $3

But the script is run by the user daemon, which is not allowed to access the
RT (by default). How can I authorize daemon to access RT?

Thanks.

Rainer