[rt-users] Enhanced email gateway

Wouter Hanegraaff wouter at blub.net
Mon Dec 4 06:50:38 EST 2000

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 12:08:56PM +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if I cannot implement myself a very limited mailgateway to
> control RT as mentioned in the previous mail (see below). Essentially that
> would mean to do something like this:

> But the script is run by the user daemon, which is not allowed to access the
> RT (by default). How can I authorize daemon to access RT?

Depending on your mta, there are other ways to accomplish this. With
postfix for example, one can specify multiple alias files. Let's say the
rt aliases are in /etc/rtaliases. You should now change the ownership of
/etc/rtaliases to a user that has access to rt. When an alias in
/etc/rtaliases refers to a script instead of a mailbox, that script is
executed as the owner or /etc/rtaliases.

I assume other mta's have similar ways to implement something like this.

Regards,

Wouter