[rt-users] RT mailgate error?

Robert Boyd rboyd at wildcard.pokerspot.com
Tue Dec 5 20:29:23 EST 2000

I'm using rt for our support queue.  It looks like
/rt/lib/rt/ui/mail/manipulate.pm includes code to check for a header that
RT adds to all outgoing email to prevent mailing loops.  When it receives
a message with this header, it dies.  I'm assuming this is causing
sendmail to email root with the following messages :

The original message was received at Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:10:34 -0600 (CST)
from root at localhost

"|/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate support correspond"
    (expanded from: support at pokerspot.com   )

RT has recieved mail from itself. Goodnight. at
/usr/local/rt/lib/rt/ui/mail/manipulate.pm line 252, <STDIN> chunk 38.
554 "|/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate support correspond"... unknown mailer
error
255

<original message, and rt correspondence deleted here>

My question is, why would RT ever be mailing itself?

Thanks

-rob