[rt-users] Qmail alias files and command lines

Karel P Kerezman rael at zero.kgon.com
Thu Dec 21 21:09:30 EST 2000

On 21 Dec 2000 20:51:40 -0500, Matthew D. Stock wrote:
> Karel P Kerezman writes:
>  > |"/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate General correspond"
>  >
>  > Fine and dandy, but Qmail dumps to the maillog that the
>  > "/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate_General_correspond" file is not found. If I
>  > change the alias file to read:
>
> Omit the quotes and it should be fine.
>   -Matt

And we have a winner! (The other suggestion, putting the pipe inside the
quotes, resulted in Qmail attempting to deliver to a user named
|/opt/rt/and-so-on.) Thank you so very much!

Now all I have to do to finish off this server is to get Evolution to
talk to Qmail's maildir (the latest release is SUPPOSED to be able to),
set up outside email access, and tighten down security further. Life...
isn't that bad.

--
---
  Karel P Kerezman - IS Admin, Entercom Portland LLC