[rt-users] Autoresponder control

J.D. Falk jdfalk at mail-abuse.org
Thu Jul 13 16:26:05 EDT 2000

	So, we ran into an autoresponder loop recently, and had to turn
	it off.  Then I started digging into the 1.0.3 code, and could
	not find a way to add more safety features to /just/ the auto-
	responder -- am I missing something?

	I could easily write up some safety stuff in procmail (which is
	called before stripmime and rt anyway, in our configuration),
	but there doesn't seem to be a way to have RT spit the ticket
	number back out to procmail.  Is it possible to create a ticket
	submission address that doesn't respond, and still have one
	that does, in case of suspected loops?

	Also -- Jesse, Tobias, you guys need some good logic for the
	RT2 autoresponder code?

--
J.D. Falk                                             "Laughter is the sound
Product Manager                          that knowledge makes when it's born."