[rt-users] RT with phone suppor?

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Sat Jul 22 09:44:30 EDT 2000

> I was wondering how well RT works in an environment where most of the
> support requests come to the support staff by phone.

RT is made for emails, not for phone requests.  But it might work, just
use "comment" to put in details about the phonecall, and update the told
whenever a phonecall has occurred.  I know there are commercial packages
out there that, at least according to the salesmen, should be perfectly
capable for handling phone-calls.

In RT2, it's possible to put in attachments.  Maybe audio attachments
would be an option? :)

> Also, can I create different status entries, like "escelated to level 2
> support" if I need to?

The best thing would be to have a separate queue for level 2 support.  In
RT1, you just move the thing to the right queue.  Another option is to set
the owner to somebody working at 2nd support.

The bad thing about moving it to another queue is that there will not be
sent mail about it (in RT1, at least - actually I don't think we're
supporting queue moving in RT2 for the time beeing?  I think we should :)

--
Spell checkers are for wimps
(please send feedback on all typos)