[rt-users] RT won't update on new emails

Clark Shishido clark at desktop.com
Thu Jun 1 19:02:15 EDT 2000

At 16:34 -0500 2000.06.01, Drew Sanford wrote:
>Can anyone tell me what I've got wrong in my config if RT won't update new
>emails? fetchmail is pulling the mail down from the mail server,  but the
>messages are not being added to the list on the web page. Requests submited on
>the web page appear instantly. I have RT 1.0.2 installed on FreeBSD 4.0, using
>apache web server. Thanks for any advice.

actually, aliases are unnecessary if you're using fechmail.
(since i'm the one who suggested it go in the FAQ, I'll try and clarify the
instructions and resubmit.)

what's your fetchmailrc look like? it should send it directly to RT.

Mine begins:

poll mail.desktop.com proto apop
  username rt password somepassword mda "/var/rt/bin/rt-mailgate test correspond"

--clark