[rt-users] Installing 1.0.2 on Sun

Michael mike at westphila.net
Fri Jun 2 17:58:36 EDT 2000

>>  And so i says to him|her..

> Ok, I did that (looks ok, but I am being verbose to see if my lack of experience has
> assisted me in missing something):
>
> [cut]

[cut]

> [cut]

[cut]

> cpan> install Bundle::DBD::mysql
>
> [...]
>
> Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
> t/akmisc.t                  351    1   0.28%  44
> t/mysql.t                    68    1   1.47%  23

Try this:

	force install Mysql
	install Bundle::CPAN
	reload cpan

=)

The CPAN module won't install something if the tests fail.
The Mysql module tests try to connect to a 'test' database
with a bunch of funky parameters, which inevitably fails.

I know because i installed the DBI/Mysql modules earlier this
week =)

cheers,

_Michael.

--
Michael Jastremski ..                AIM:rstfinsyn
WORK:liquidation.com 	              ME:westphila.net/mike