[rt-users] Send to queue members only on creation?

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Fri Jun 9 04:14:45 EDT 2000

> I'd like to have a message sent out to the queue members with a request, but
> only on creation of the request rather than on any action.  Is this currently
> possible?

With RT1, IIRC you can only set up that every correspondence will be
mailed.  Of course, you can alter the behaviour by hacking the code.  I
think the right place to search is lib/rt/database/manipulate.pm, there is
one sub for every action (including "create request"), and all of them
call the sub for sending mail.  You just remove this mailsending behaviour
from all the other subs.

In RT2, this is trivial to configurate :)

--
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are
 cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."