[rt-users] strange dates

Michael mike at westphila.net
Wed Jun 21 17:10:54 EDT 2000

>>  And so i says to him|her..
>
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anybody had ever experienced the dates displayed by
> the RT web interface as being all equal to   Wed Dec 31  1969  16:00  ?
>
> I think this is the date from which Unix counts its seconds or something
> like that...

Yes.  You'll get this result if you pass zero (or a low number) to a
date function that expects unix time in seconds.

Sometimes this can be caused by a bad time-of-day chip
on your computer, or by a date field in a database being
null.

I'm not sure what the exact problem is in rt, it could be
entirely installation specific.

Is the date set properly on your machine?

_Michael.

--

Michael Jastremski ..                AIM:rstfinsyn
WORK:liquidation.com 	              ME:westphila.net/mike