[rt-users] Problems with mailgateway

Jesper Holm Olsen dunkel at diku.dk
Fri Mar 3 10:22:23 EST 2000

I have some problems with the mailgateway and I have not been able to
find a solution in the archived mailinglists.

I have configured RequestTracker and the CLI and Web-interface works well,
but the mailgateway won't work. Here are some details:

In /etc/aliases I have the following lines:

# Aliases for RequestTracker
rt: |"/home/disk05/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general correspond"
rt-action: |"/home/disk05/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general action"

The user 'rt' exists and owns all files in /home/disk05/rt.

I use 'postfix' as MTA and whenever I try to send mail to user 'rt' I get
the following error in my syslog:

------------------------
Mar 3 16:09:29 ra local[23956]: fatal: execvp
/home/disk05/rt/bin/rt-mailgate: Permission denied

Mar 3 16:09:30 ra postfix/local[23955]: E1D75381C2: to=<rt at ra.e-lab.dk>,
relay=local, delay=2, status=bounced (Com mand died with status 1:
"/home/disk05/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general correspond")

The permissions on 'suidwrapper' are:

-rwsr-xr-x   3 rt       rt          7740 Mar  2 14:55 suid_wrapper

which should allow for any user to submit new requests.

If you could give me a hint, or possibly mail me your configuration so I
can compare.

--
Jesper Holm Olsen,  Department of Computer Science and Department of
                    Film and Media studies, University of Copenhagen