[rt-users] Web Interface Doesn't Work

Barnett Hsu hsub at softhome.net
Thu Mar 9 19:36:26 EST 2000

At 10:10 AM 3/9/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>That sounds like a permissions problem.  Either some parent of reqtrack
>isn't readable
>by nobody or webrt.cgi has lost its setuidness

Ok. It looks like it was a permissions problem.
I had to change the permissions on /usr/local/reqtrack/etc
itself to be world read/execute.  All of the parents of
that directory were already world read/execute.  After
changing the permissions, the web interface appeared in
my browser.

While playing around with changing the priority of
requests and so forth, I discovered I needed to change
the permissions of /usr/local/reqtrack/etc/templates
and its subdirectories to be world read/execute as well.
Otherwise, the e-mails that get sent out regarding
the transactions contain only an error message.

So far my co-workers and I have been impressed with
Request Tracker's web interface.  However, unless
I missed something somewhere, I noticed that there
doesn't seem to be any way to display the transactions
themselves in both the cli and web interfaces.  Only
the transaction history can be displayed?  So it appears
I would have to save all of the e-mail or I won't
have the contents of the requestor's e-mail and
so forth to refer back to?

---
Barnett Hsu                Voicemail:  (714) 989-3100 x 1461
E-mail:  hsub at softhome.net       Web:  http://bhworld.cjb.net/
PGP Public Key at http://ucrbhsu.tripod.com/bio/pgp.html