[rt-users] Fuzzy Subjects

Feargal Reilly feargal at thecia.ie
Thu Mar 23 12:59:29 EST 2000

I've been planning to make a number of customizations etc. to RT (v1.0) to
tailor to our needs. At the moment though I'm too damn busy, but here's one
priority on my wishlist...
One problem I've encountered with both req, and RT is that the system starts to
break down when you encounter another tracking system. Specifically, InterNIC
assign tracking numbers to everything and autoreplys, ([NIC #123456-7890a]) etc.
so everytime RT receives autoreplies, it sets up a new ticket. Also, if RT is
configured to autoreply, it sends an autoreply to the autoreply which then
sends an autoreply to the autoreply of an autoreply, which then sends... you
get the picture.

What I would like is a facility where you can specify additional subject
headings that apply to the same ticket.
e.g. if the initial request is, say, 'register rt.com' I would like it to
recognize variations such as 'NOTIFY register rt.com' or '[NIC #123456-7890b]',
and include it in the original ticket.
Has anybody done something similar, or am I going to have to lock myself in a
room and pretend that I'm sick, so as to find the time..?)

I know Jesse mentioned it as being part of the eventual developement plan, any
thoughts on if/how it'll be done.

Cheers and Beers,

-Feargal.

Feargal Reilly,