[rt-users] P.R. criteria

Michael Brader mbrader at aurema.com
Thu Mar 23 19:57:23 EST 2000

Tobias Brox <tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com> writes:

> >      * Jitterbug / Caretracker
>
> I think Jitterbug is a very simple tool.  I _think_ that GNATS is not very
> suitable for tracking external support, but I might be wrong.

I think that that is a reasonable statement about GNATS 3 but would
add that there is much better support for it in GNATS 4. Out of the
box I would still recommend RT if you are dealing with support rather
than explicitly bug tracking. GNATS has always been about bug tracking
and while it has become much more general in v4, still has strong
ties to that background.

I always tell people to use RT for request tracking and GNATS for bug
tracking/management. They're different holes and complexity is reduced
by filling them with different pegs.

IMNSHO of course :-)

--
Michael Brader
Aurema Pty Ltd (formerly Softway Pty Ltd)