[rt-users] Opening tickets via email?

Charlie Brady charlieb at aurema.com
Wed Mar 29 18:05:47 EST 2000

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Roland Dobbins wrote:

> I just downloaded and set up RT for use with MySQL, and was very
> impressed.  My colleagues, after taking a look at it, decided it won't
> work for us because they say one can't open a ticket via email.

Your colleagues are wrong.

If installed correctly, any email to the rt queue alias which do not have
a recognisable ticket marker in the Subject: header are assigned a new
ticket number. I'm sure that this is in the docs.

Charlie Brady
Aurema Pty Ltd
 PO Box 305, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012, Australia
Email:charlieb at aurema.com, Tel: +61 2 9698 2322, Fax: +61 2 9699 9174
  "I think it would be a good idea." Gandhi, on Western Civilisation.