[rt-users] Another feature idea

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu Mar 30 10:44:49 EST 2000

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 09:35:11AM -0600, Elaine -HFB- Ashton wrote:
> Statistics would be great if tickets could be 'weighted' so as to reflect
> that adding a user account is not the same as rebuilding DNS or somesuch.
> Unless you weight them someone who does a lot of easy tasks looks great
> while someone who is wrestling with the ugly chore that noone else wants
> to deal with looks like a slacker. I suppose this could be done with a
> 'complexity' field in the database.

Actually, RT 1.1 allows you to specify how long you spend on tickets. I
think that might make a better base for weighted statistics than an
arbitrary complexity field.

I believe that an integrated statistics system would be good for RT and
several people have volunteered to hack on such a thing for 2.0. I'll try to goad one of them into posting some ideas to rt-devel.