[rt-users] Feature Requests (general)

Eric Goodman ericg at cats.ucsc.edu
Wed May 3 12:33:47 EDT 2000

Jesse and Tobias,

Given the number of feature requests (and apparent feature request
acceptances) that have come over the list, I wanted to make a general
comment. While I'm just as feature happy as the next guy, it's more
important to me to have a stable product than a feature-rich product.

I appreciate the flexibility you two are showing in responding to
these requests (and I like the idea of allowing feature expansion
through Perl externals that we write ourselves). At the same time, if
I want a totally feature-rich, custom-configurable product, I should
probably just go and buy something like Remedy(tm).

Point being, what you have is great, and the features you are looking
to add sound great also, but don't feel like you need to add all of
those features for a 2.0 version to be a success.

--- Eric

--
Eric Goodman                  | "The opinions expressed by Eric do not
Workstation Support Group     |  represent the opinions of anyone who