[rt-users] Feature Requests (general)

Feargal Reilly feargal at thecia.ie
Wed May 3 18:55:43 EDT 2000

Often so many bells and whistles are added to software,
that when you shake it, it breaks.
I would expect that the RT development plans run along this lines...
v1: Get the damn thing running...
v1+: Fix what's broken.
v2: Get the damn thing running cleanly...
v2+: Fix what's broken when it really shouldn't be broken.
v3: Implement all those annoying feature requests I keep getting.
v3+: Fix what I just broke.

Assuming the version 2 will be cleanly implemented and structured, then *most*
of the little features will be very easy to implement. About the only feature
I'd care to see included in version 2.0 is loose subject matching, and slightly
better configuration options for queues - Maybe I'm missing something, but I
don't think it's possible at present for all queue members to be notified of a
new request, but that once it's taken, only the owner receives correspondance.
Even that second feature should be easy to implement once RT has been cleaned
up.

Anyway, that's my 2p.

 -Feargal.

Feargal Reilly,