[rt-users] default queue

Feargal Reilly feargal at thecia.ie
Mon May 8 14:36:56 EDT 2000

On Mon, 08 May 2000, you wrote:
> How do I change the default queue when first logging into the system? Right
> now when logging in people see all open tickets in "Any" queue, which
> scrolls by like 500 tickets. I'd like to have it open up into an incoming
> queue which only has like 10 or 20, then allow them to open up whatever
> queue they like from there. Any ideas?
>
> -todd

Err, without looking, in rt/lib/rt/ui/web/manipulate.pm set the variable
queue_id to the queue name, as it appears in the database. However, you may
screw some people up if you select a queue that they don't have access to. Poke
around a bit more, there should be a function (possibly in forms.pm called
q_queue or something), that generates the list of queues that a particular user
is allowed see. I think it uses  Or, I believe there's a patch around that will
issue cookies so that people's preferences are kept. Anyone?

Finally do all your users have to have access to all of the queues? Maybe it's
just me, but 500 open tickets seems like a hell of a lot. Perhaps your queues
aren't loaded as well as they could be...

-Feargal.

Feargal Reilly,
Systems Administrator,
The Communications Interactive Agency.