[rt-users] default queue

Todd Martin todd at megapath.net
Mon May 8 15:11:11 EDT 2000

I'm an engineer for an ISP, we get 1000's of requests a day, with 7
different queues it's easy to accumulate 500 tickets at any given time,
especially among the sales folk who generate 100's of leads every day.

I setup an incoming queue, which doesn't actually receive any mail, so it's
going to always be empty. Then I'll set it as the default queue. These
queues are open to all since we are a small company and sales people need to
be able to generate support requests etc..... No security problems involved
in this. Thanks for the tip!

-todd

--

Err, without looking, in rt/lib/rt/ui/web/manipulate.pm set the variable
queue_id to the queue name, as it appears in the database. However, you may

Finally do all your users have to have access to all of the queues? Maybe
it's
just me, but 500 open tickets seems like a hell of a lot. Perhaps your
queues
aren't loaded as well as they could be...

-Feargal.

Feargal Reilly,
Systems Administrator,
The Communications Interactive Agency.