[rt-users] problems with mail interface

Eric Goodman ericg at cats.ucsc.edu
Wed May 17 14:56:56 EDT 2000

>hi,
>
>i tried the following two email commands:
>
>%RT SET due 65 05/18/00
>%RT SET status 64 (closed yes)
>
>but they don't get recognized i.e. no action is taken. well
>nearly no action is taken:
>wenn iwant to change the date i get:
>RT: Date due changed to Thu, Jan 1 1970 01:00:00 (225)

There is a bug in rt/lib/rt/ui/mail/manipulate.pm in the "SET due"
handler. The function call

   ($trans, $message)=
       &rt::change_due_date($serial_no, $date_due, $current_user);

is wrong. The second argument should be "$due_date", not "$date_due".

Also, there's another minor error in the "date_parse" routine in
rt/lib/rt/support/utils.pm. This routine will parse, e.g., 4/30/00 as
month=4, day=30, year=2000, but timelocal (to which this value is
later passed) expects months counting from 0, so most of the "$month
= $n" should really be "$month = $n - 1".

I haven't looked at the set status "closed" command, but the command:

   %RT RESOLVE 64

should work.

--- Eric

--
Eric Goodman                  | "The opinions expressed by Eric do not
Workstation Support Group     |  represent the opinions of anyone who