[rt-users] performance question

Othmar Pasteka op at atnet.at
Thu May 18 18:45:39 EDT 2000

hi,

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 03:40:57PM -0700, Stephen Hauskins wrote:
> RAM is a little on the small side, if this box is a server???

well i don't think that ram is an issue so far:
Mem:  126232K av,  92416K used,  33816K free,  30792K shrd, 42584K buff

currently we kinda evaluate it. sure, for further use more
ram/better disks would be good, but it shouldn't have such
performance weaknesses with rather small queues.

> If it is a server make sure you don;t have memory contention issues,
> i.e. lots of users/programs running, lots of memory page swapping
> etc.

it's the only thing running on it:
CPU states:  0.3% user,  0.5% system,  0.0% nice, 99.1% idle

besides the apache server. :)
i am not completely dumb but this hardware assemblance should
suffice for a start ...

so long
Othmar