[rt-users] performance question

Mark Steiger mks at raistlin.min.ov.com
Fri May 19 15:46:36 EDT 2000

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Jeffrey H. Johnson wrote:

> I agree, it does suck, however, on a PII/400Mhz with 256MB of RAM, we've on
> ticket 19,500 now, and the system is very fast.  We have many hundreds of
> megabytes of tickets archived, and the performance is very fast.  We even have
> a custom hack to gzip old transactions, and if the transaction is a .gz,
> it'll ungunzip it before sending it into the viewer, and still VERY fast.
> The OS, btw, is FreeBSD 4.0, which is new, migrated from OpenBSD 2.4.  Didn't
> have any problem on either of these BSD's, performance has always been
> excellant, most operations are instant.

hmmm... are those scripts available? :)  We're running into issues here on
a smaller rt machine and performance.  I'm hoping we can get a bigger
machine, but it may be awhile :/

---
Mark Steiger                    Systems Administrator
651-604-7890                    Veritas Software
"A computer system without Microsoft products is
      like a dog without bricks chained to its head."
                                      --David Wagle