[rt-users] root & admin mail

John P . Looney valen at tuatha.org
Mon May 22 07:58:24 EDT 2000

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 12:52:02PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy mentioned:
> The first thing I do after installing RT is to remove the 'root'
> user ... why do you need it?

 I don't. It was just "there". Just wondering would it break stuff.

 Assuming that "root" is the owner of all the queues I have at the moment,
how do I change the queue owner ? I would like a queue for each section,
and the queue would be owned by a developer who would be responsible for
making sure that things posted to the queue are assigned to developers.

> Just create yourself a user, and assign yourself as an RT admin, and
> then nuke the root one.

 Good. That's pretty much what I'd hoped I could do.

> Also, in the queue configuration, there are options to control whether
> or not list owners get email etc, so perhaps looking there would help as
> well.

 Yeah. My brain has just worked out what they mean, thanks!

Kate

--
"The fool must be beaten with a stick, for an intelligent person
the merest hint is sufficient"                -- Zen Master Greg