[rt-users] Install help - database connection problem

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Tue May 30 18:11:21 EDT 2000

Clark Shishido wrote:
> I've done a couple installations on FreeBSD-3.1 and 3.3, the only thing
> that held me back was forgetting to use gmake instead of make like it says
> in the instructions.

I did an install of 1.0-CVS on FreeBSD-3.4-STABLE today, and apart
from needing to use gmake, the installer attempts to 'chgrp root'
some files, which doesn't exist on FreeBSD (root user is in the
wheel group).

I actually had a problem with a wierd password for mysql, since
it isnt escaped by perl I think, and wierd characters like $ get
parsed, which could be your problem.  Try a simple one like "test"
with no special characters and see if that works.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil at recoil.org>