[rt-users] e-mail address syntax in webrt

Josh Kuperman josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Fri Nov 24 13:30:49 EST 2000

I have a semi-public user for the staff to use. They have to put in
their real e-mail addresses if they have one. There are two problems.

1. Sometimes they put in something that is not a valid e-mail
address. Often just their name.

2. Sometimes they will put in a valid e-mail address, but the template
will add a "@" at the end which converts it into an invalid e-mail
address.

I created a default e-mail address for the staff account which should
take care of the absence of any, but I would still like to be able to
use, local inside my subnet adresses, i.e. use "josh" instead of
"josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us" since this is valid with my mail server. At
the same time I'd like to overwrite invalid addresses by checking my
users and aliases. Then eliminating anything other than
username at some.valid.domain.

Has anyone added anything like that.

BTW. I just upgraded to 1.0.5 and noticed that somehow the strings for
the aliases that passed date to the mailgate program got over
stringified and commified as well. Anyone ever have a similar experience?
I saw someone commenting on the same error message I got a while back.

i.e.
rt: "| /usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general action"
was
rt: "| "/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate" general, action"

--
Josh Kuperman
josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us