[rt-users] Email on ticket creation

J.D. Falk jdfalk at mail-abuse.org
Wed Oct 25 02:27:07 EDT 2000

On 10/24/00, Greg White <gregwhite at ihermes.com> wrote:

> Assuming that RT is set up like ours is, with a user account for queue
> address, and qmail as the MTA, this is as simple as:
>
> [queue at rt queue]$ cat .qmail
> &queue-members-list at example.com
> | /usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate support correspond
>
> (We currently use this setup to forward to a monitor's pager when a new
> transaction is created).

	What that won't do, however, is tell the queue-members-list
	the ticket number of the new addition.

	Luckily Jesse was nice enough to add extended syntax options
	to rt-mailgate in 1.0.4pre3 to help with this kind of thing;
	run `~rt/bin/rt-mailgate --help` for syntax.

--
J.D. Falk                                             "Laughter is the sound
Product Manager                          that knowledge makes when it's born."