[rt-users] Purging OLD requests...

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu Oct 26 01:46:47 EDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 11:19:55PM -0600, Jill Lundquist wrote:

> >As far as I know, nobody's eve3r written the RT data warehousing tool which
> >would take old requests and transactions and move them to an archival database.
> >
> >Basically, you want to make sure you yank both tickets and transactions.  If
> >this is merely a performance issue, there may be other ways to deal. (Column indexes, etc.)
>
> Is the warehousing tool feasible in your opinion?  Is it the right way to
> do it?

The warehousing tool is certainly feasable. Essentially it would move
all the old transactions and tickets (using local criteria for the meaning of "old")
to a seperate database which was intended for reports, data mining and archival use.
I've never written the tool because I've never been anywhere with an RT instance
that was to big or slow for easy use.

        Jesse