[rt-users] Purging OLD requests...

Jill Lundquist jill at chezns.org
Thu Oct 26 01:54:42 EDT 2000

>The warehousing tool is certainly feasable. Essentially it would move
>all the old transactions and tickets (using local criteria for the meaning of "old")
>to a seperate database which was intended for reports, data mining and archival use.

Yeah, that's what I had in mind too.  I got the imagination running a bit
too fast and soon I had an image of a system like a tape backup jukebox
equipped with a robot arm to move the media around, so one could look at
tickets from eons back.  With a soft drink dispenser on the side.  But
that might be overkill.

>I've never written the tool because I've never been anywhere with an RT instance
>that was to big or slow for easy use.

This is good to hear.  Does anyone know how big RT systems get without
slowing down?  What is the biggest serial number out there?  I'm sure
someone can beat my 87.  :-)

                Jill