[rt-users] definition on rt-mailgate

Kazu Kimura kimura at ctc.ad.jp
Tue Oct 31 03:13:44 EST 2000

Hello,

I still have some problem on mailgate and found I made a mistake on the
use of /etc/aliases.  But it is stll unclear to me the three definition;
red# ./rt-mailgate --help

RT Mailgate works in two modes. 'Traditional' and 'Extended Sytax'

Traditional mode:

rt-mailgate <queue> <action>

<queue> is the full name of one of your RT queues. if it's got any
spaces in it, it should be quoted.

<action> is one of 'comment', 'correspond' and 'action'

comment means that any mail sent through this gateway will be logged
as private comments

correspond means that any mail sent through this gateway will be
treateded as mail to or from the requestor. If you want tickets to be
autocreated through this interface, comment is the right choice.

action is for rt's mail action mode.
What is the definite difference between 'comment', 'correspond' and
'action'?

TIA
Kazu Kimura <kimura at ctc.ad.jp>
IP Network Engineering, CTC