[rt-users] two small feature requests

Nathan J. Mehl memory at blank.org
Wed Sep 6 14:33:52 EDT 2000

Okay, I've just done my first ground-up install of a 1.0.0-series RT.
Boy, is that a lot easier than back in the 0.9 days. :)

One small thing bugged me during the process of getting things moving:
the division between the "webrt" interface and the "admin-webrt"
interface is a bit arbitrary.  Why should a user have to type in a
completely different URL just to change their password, or administer
a queue they have admin rights to?

Seems like a better approach would be to just have an "update my
account" link at the bottom of the queue page, and, if the user is an
RT administrator, present a "manage this queue" link where
appropriate.

Only one small thing is preventing me from implementing this myself...

$rt::ui::web::ScriptURL will spit out the correct url to webrt.cgi,
but there doesn't seem to be a parallel variable to produce the proper
location of admin-webrt.cgi, and I'm not immediatly seeing the proper
place to look for it.

Pointers?

-n

"Television is going to change the world; it's got everything you need:
sight, sound, motion and stupid white men."             (--Nolanda Hill)