[rt-users] Resolved versus Closed

Jens von Bülow jens at nha.co.za
Tue Sep 12 05:08:44 EDT 2000

Greetings,

Is it possible to configure RT to send an automatic "template" to the
"requester" when the ticket is closed notifying them that the request has
been closed by the engineer/owner and giving them the opportunity to reopen
the ticket if they are not satisfied with the result.

I once evaluated a product from Intel called REQADM, it had this feature and
also automatically marked the ticket as closed after a predetermined period
of time - forcing a new ticket to be opened if the end user corresponded on
the existing request/ticket number

Any and all comments are always welcome.

Regards
Jens

FYI - REQADM, is a very comprehensive "active" support/request tracking
system with an excellent reporting language/tool - I however, found it far
to verbose and rigid to use in our environment...