[rt-users] Resolved versus Closed

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Sat Sep 16 17:04:12 EDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 11:08:44AM +0200, Jens von Bülow wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is it possible to configure RT to send an automatic "template" to the
> "requester" when the ticket is closed notifying them that the request has
> been closed by the engineer/owner and giving them the opportunity to reopen
> the ticket if they are not satisfied with the result.

Not with RT1.  One of the neat things about RT2 is the Scrips system.
With Scrips, it's easy to add your own custom logic to do things like that.

> I once evaluated a product from Intel called REQADM, it had this feature and
> also automatically marked the ticket as closed after a predetermined period
> of time - forcing a new ticket to be opened if the end user corresponded on
> the existing request/ticket number

The "automated actions based on time passing" thing is one that would be
really cool to have for RT2.  Deborah had mentioned a while ago that she might
need to put something like that together for work, but I don't know if she
ever had time to get it working.

        -j