[rt-users] Resolved versus Closed

Grant Miller grant at pico.apple.com
Mon Sep 18 12:23:15 EDT 2000

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 05:04:12PM -0400, Jesse wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 11:08:44AM +0200, Jens von Bülow wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Is it possible to configure RT to send an automatic "template" to the
> > "requester" when the ticket is closed notifying them that the request has
> > been closed by the engineer/owner and giving them the opportunity to reopen
> > the ticket if they are not satisfied with the result.
> >
> Not with RT1.  One of the neat things about RT2 is the Scrips system.
> With Scrips, it's easy to add your own custom logic to do things like that.
>
> > I once evaluated a product from Intel called REQADM, it had this feature and
> > also automatically marked the ticket as closed after a predetermined period
> > of time - forcing a new ticket to be opened if the end user corresponded on
> > the existing request/ticket number
> >
> The "automated actions based on time passing" thing is one that would be
> really cool to have for RT2.  Deborah had mentioned a while ago that she might
> need to put something like that together for work, but I don't know if she
> ever had time to get it working.

I've hacked RT 1.0.2 so that resolved tickets are watched by a perl script
running via cron every few minutes until they have been resolved for 2 days.
It then moves them to a queue called closed and then sends the requestor a
survey about the work order.

A few things that would be nice to have in RT is another permission level
between Admin and Manipulate that gives you Admin power, but doesn't send
you all those emails (as if you were set to the Display level).  The other
is the ability to select what emails go back to the requestor.  Some of our
users are complaining about the number of emails they get from RT.  Just
being able to not have the transactions sent to them would be nice.

-Grant Miller    grant at pico.apple.com
 Unix Systems Admin, Engineering Compute Services